Return to the Herbs Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
uses for chocolate mint?

Posted by karenfharr z9B/FL (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 11, 06 at 23:18

Any ideas for how to use chocolate mint, dried or fresh?
Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: uses for chocolate mint?

It makes a great tea, 1 teaspoon dried chocolate mint to 1 cup hot water. You can also infuse it in cream or milk and then use that in a recipe. So, if you were making a chocolate ganache to go on a cake, warm the cream with 1 tablespoon of the dried chocolate mint until just under a boil. Turn off heat and let it sit for 1/2 hour or so, strain the mint out. Then, use the infused cream as the recipe instructs. You could also flavor vodka with chocolate mint. Put a bunch of dried chocolate mint into a clean canning jar and then fill with vodka, making sure the entire bit of mint is covered at least by an inch of vodka. Wait 2-3 weeks, strain and enjoy.

o

Think 'chocolate', and chop some into anything chocolate-y - chocolate cakes, chocolate mousse, chocolate puddings, chocolate cheesecake, chocolate icing, chocolate ice cream, chocolate cookies, hot chocolate, chocolate sauce......

Sprinkle some over ice cream! Better still, sprinkle it over the ice cream which is served on waffles with chocolate sauce.

Coat the leaves in melted chocolate, and serve as an after-dinner treat, or use to decorate cakes etc.

Add some to whipped, sweetened cream which you serve with a chocolate cake or chocolate muffins.

o

Thanks so much to both of you! Can't wait to try these ideas!

o

Simplest: Put a spring in a glass of ice water. It will be magically tranformed.

o

zootjs....you are SO right. There is nothing that will transform a nice refreshing glass of ice water like some mint, unless you add a wedge of lemon. My favorite, and only, beverage with dinner.

o

Put some chopped leaves in the blender with some ice cold milk and either chocolate ice cream or chocolate sauce/powder and ice cubes. Chocolatey-mint milkshake, here I come.

o

Use them to garnish a Brandy Alexander. Yum!

o

I love this snack: plain yogurt (buy "total" brand if you see it), some finely chopped chocolate mint, and a handful of chocolate chips.

o

hey i read in an herb booklet,put chocolate mint in your coffee filter before you brew the coffee and it is a really nice hint of chocoalte and mint and add a little creamer and its just a really smooth good cup of coffee. Enjoy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Herbs Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here