Return to the Heuchera Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Growing from seed- true colors?

Posted by gee_oh_nyc 6b/7a (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 15, 13 at 0:33

Hello All,
I've grown a bunch of heucheras from seed and for some of them it seems to take time to grow into their true characteristics. Is this your experience?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Growing from seed- true colors?

• Posted by rbrady 5/Eastern Ia (My Page) on
    Tue, Jan 15, 13 at 23:17

Yes-I also notice some grow more quickly than others and attain a larger size the first year. I wish I would have kept track of parentage for reference. I have some that are 2 years old and are only about 2 inches but some the same age are full size.

Rhonda

o

Thanks Rhonda, I have a few that are about 3 years old and are just coming into their own... Green Spice and Velvet Midnight. The smaller ones (petit marbled burgandy) still look more like purple palace at this point... guess I will wait and see.

o

Haven't tried growing from seed - where do you get you seeds. I would really like seeds for Green spice - it's one of my favourites.

Fred

o

• Posted by rbrady 5/Eastern Ia (My Page) on
    Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 23:30

I receive seeds from trading and also from the plants I have in my gardens. You can also buy seeds from some online seed retailers.

Rhonda

o

Fred,
The seeds I've grown have been in trades here on gardenweb. Some in the seed exchange forum and some in round robin.
Garden web is still my favorite place to get seeds.
George

o

Thanks for the replies - I will follow your suggestions. Thanks...

Fred

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heuchera Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here