Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
funnthesun

Heebies and the Geebies!

I just wanted to share this bizarre event and see if you guys assessed it the same way that I did. Try and make it short, but some background is needed. I was out browsing the shade beds and noticed that my gorgeous heucheras were getting "holy" and they were fine yesterday! With a closer look, I noticed those darn inch worms on several of them, making lunch for themselves! They weren't eating anything else, no hostas, no other shade perennials, just my heucheras. I immediately went and grabbed the Bayer Rose and flower insect spray and gave them a quick mist, then went on my way and ran a few errands.

An aside note here is that I found 5 baby snakes in this same bed this year several weeks ago, but on the other end of the bed. This is typical for early spring for me. Here's where it gets wierd. When I got home, and was browsing again, I noticed a bit bigger baby snake lounging in the opposite end of the bed where I found the others. Went and grabbed the hoe and came back around, only to find out that he was already a goner. That got me to wondering what killed him? Then I noticed the heuchera (my biggest one, a Licorice) about 10 inches away from him. OMG, I think he was under there! The whole time, when I was running my hands through it, then spraying it, etc. I am a little disturbed, I have to say. I guess the spray got him, too. Would you guys think that insect spray would kill a baby snake? I was kind of surprised by that, but it is the most likely conclusion. His body wasn't damaged in any way. So wierd!

Comments (6)