Spring 2013, let's see your emerging heuchera

dg
10 years ago

New to me this year Frosted Violet.

Comments (23)

• dg
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Second year Heucherella Solar Power with little buds.

• tepelus
    10 years ago

All of mine are in Ohio right now, so no pictures. :(

But come this weekend I go down to get them and my other plants, so once they're replanted, I'll take some pictures. :)

That's assuming they are all alive and okay, :/

Karen

• dg
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Karen,
    Looking forward to pics of your heuchera (and hosta) in their new SW MI home! You have a lot of work ahead, but it will be good having them near to you once again.

I wouldn't worry about them surviving the winter or the move. From viewing your pics in past postings, it's evident that you have taken expert care of them.

I am confident that they're strong survivors, like you!
    :-)
    Deb

• esther_b
    10 years ago

When my Georgia Peach arrives, I am going to plant it in a 13" pot outside to showcase it. I have a windowless storage locker under my co-op building. Could I overwinter it there when it dies back, or would it be better to cover it in plastic outside?

• tepelus
    10 years ago

My Georgia Peach (in the ground) never fully dies back, maybe some older leaves, but it has foliage all winter. I don't think storing it in a windowless storage locker would be too good for it. Though it is dormant through the winter, I don't know if being in complete darkness for months will be good for it. Also it may need a little moisture from time to time. Don't want the soil to be wet, nor allowed to dry out completely either.

Karen

• gumneck 7A Virginia
    10 years ago

Mine are up with great splashes of color.

• docmom_gw
    10 years ago

Here is my one and only Heuchera. It's a Purple Palace that got chewed by deer or rabbits, but it's trying to bounce back. It's easy to see the number of discrete segments that have formed as it matured. I think I will separate them into individual plants and see if they won't expand into even more beautiful specimens. Wish me luck, and good luck to all of you this season.

Martha

• dg
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Good luck Martha and I'm happy to accept your good luck wishes as well as I haven't always had the best luck with heuchera!

Are you putting any divisions in pots or are they all going in the ground? I'd be interested to see some photos of your completed project. I've never divided heuchera before, so I'm curious how it goes for you.
    :-)
    Deb

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    10 years ago

I have become so addicted to heucheras that it has cut into my hosta money. This is my second year with them and I was happy to see they made it through the winter. I still have a few to re pot and more coming in the mail. Have a great grow day, Paula

• buyorsell888
    10 years ago

Berry Smoothie

10 years ago

Root Beer a fast grower and good looker

10 years ago

Milan

10 years ago

Plum Pudding

10 years ago

Two Plum Puddings put together

• marquest
    10 years ago

ilovetogrow, those are very pretty. Do you grow most in pots?

• dg
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Autumn Leaves planted in a plain pot which is sitting in a pretty pot. I plan to transplant it into the pretty pot in a few days. It almost died on me last fall, so I'm happy it made it through the winter and somewhat recovered.

Deb

10 years ago

Marquest Thank you. Yes I grow all in pots. I am 12 miles from the Atlantic Ocean and have sand to garden in. I have a hard time controlling water conditions no matter how much I amend the soil. Plus I like to move things around.

10 years ago

Carmel

• veryblessed
    10 years ago

Here is our Caramel

• on_greenthumb
    10 years ago

Ginger Ale.....most of mine are slow getting started this spring (and then SOME are already sporting buds....)

• on_greenthumb
    10 years ago

Very small - just starting to emerge......Snow Angel

• vivian_2010 (IL Zone 5a)
    10 years ago

Here are mine.

Georgia Peach

Cajun Fire

Obsidian

Frost

• jan_on zone 5b
    10 years ago

Here are a few of mine, starting to look quite happy.

Beauticolour, one of my favourites although an oldie, between Sashay and Lime rickey

Greenspice. Love the contrast veins.

Plum Pudding - too dark to be very photogenic, but I love the neat and tidy growth habit of this one.

Georgia Peach will get much brighter with more sun and heat.

Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris - both much prettier in person!

Jan

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz