Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenfanatic2003

Does anyone have Miracle?

gardenfanatic2003
11 years ago

Does anyone have Miracle? Know how wide it gets?

Does it turn the rosy color they show in the pics? Mine is green right now?

Deanna

Comments (29)

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    11 years ago

Deanna,

I have miracle and it's a beautiful mix of colors right now. Is yours in full sun??? I find the ones that are in full sun don't get that great coloration.

Lisa

• thisismelissa
    11 years ago

I have Miracle, but I think I lost a big chunk of it as it's just tiny tiny leaves right now..... and they're green

• floota
    11 years ago

Mine is starting to change to the red now...

Will try to remember to post a picture of it later in the season.

• gardenfanatic2003
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Floota, how much sun does yours get?

Mine only gets about 2 hours of morning sun.

Deanna

• floota
    11 years ago

Mine gets a little more than that - maybe 4-5 hours of sun.

• echinaceamaniac
    11 years ago

I have it. It doesn't look as good as the picture on the tag.

Delta Dawn is an awesome replacement for this one. It has much better color more of the time.

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    11 years ago

This is miracle in morning sun, maybe two hours a day.

• echinaceamaniac
    11 years ago

Here it's solid Green! I was told the temperature effects the color of Miracle. I'm in a warmer zone. Delta Dawn is beautiful though! I'm sure they will look good at other times of year though.

• gardenfanatic2003
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Unless Delta Dawn is a villosa or Americana hybrid, I won't even go there. Those are the ones that seem to survive here.

Deanna

• echinaceamaniac
    11 years ago

It does. It's a very good plant.

• floota
    11 years ago

Forgot to mention, I grow Miracle in 3 different places. Two of the plants grow in more shade and are still chartreuse. One is getting just a tad of color. This one must show more color with a bit more sun.
    Today I saw a heuchera I was not familiar with : Autumn Leaves. Does anyone grow it? I was tempted, but wanted to get some info. first!
    Personally, most heucheras seem to do OK in this climate. The one I've totally given up on is 'Snow Angel.' Someone told me it was a wimp. I can't get it to survive in this climate.

• echinaceamaniac
    11 years ago

I have Autumn Leaves. It gets a little morning sun. It's good so far.

• valtorrez
    11 years ago

I have it. Maybe it is getting too much sun but never got bigger. Says somewhat green and small

• nutmeg4061
    11 years ago

Can you even see mine in the middle? It's being taken over by Obsidian (love it) on the right, and a current unknown (until I find the tag) on the left. The white flowers above them is a dogwood. Sun until afternoon. My Miracle seems to be in need of its own miracle. Guess it needs to be moved and pampered.

• buyorsell888
    11 years ago

I have Miracle and it is colored up but Photobucket is giving me dead links so I won't link a photo.

I agree, Snow Angel is a wimp.

• gardenfanatic2003
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Buyorsell, if you've got the picture on your computer, you can download it directly to GW. It's a new thing.

Deanna

• buyorsell888
    11 years ago

Really? I haven't tried to post a photo for two weeks because all of my photobucket links were dead though I could see the photos in the preview.

I don't see any way to upload the photo to this thread from my computer.

• Cher
    11 years ago

I think that is a trial in Hostas only, or maybe another one that I don't visit, but it's not available in this one yet.
    Cher

• gardenfanatic2003
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You're right, I don't see it on this forum.

Deanna

• plantgnome
    11 years ago

I also have it and its about 3 years old in partial sun, acidic soil, about a 2 foot spread and it was never green for me.
    {{gwi:875970}}

• nutmeg4061
    11 years ago

Today, I moved my little sad Miracle from the pic I posted above. The dirt in that pic is hard, dry clay, so it's nice to see that some heuchs, like Obsidian, are doing fine in the clay. Miracle sure wasn't, its root system was smaller than when I purchased it. It should be much happier now, nice big amended new hole.

Gnome, is it possible tags were switched on your pic above? The one in your picture sure looks more like Caramel.

Michelle

• floota
    11 years ago

I was going to say the same thing. THe above pic DOES look like Caramel instead of Miracle!

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    11 years ago

Plantgnome,

I agree with the others, your pic looks exactly like my Caramel..

• alina_1
    11 years ago

Buyorsell,
    Why you can't load your pictures? Here is your Heuchera from Photobucket - beautiful BTW :o)

• plantgnome
    11 years ago

Could be-it has been known to happen LOL. So someplace I have Miracle and don't know where it is. Have to look around tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

• plantgnome
    11 years ago

I just ran outside before its too dark-I think it melted away. Oh well now I have two Caramels in the same bed.

• buyorsell888
    11 years ago

I don't know what is going on. I have linked hundreds of photos on GW and all of a sudden all I get is dead links.

I just tried again on the thread about trailing huecherellas.

I see the photo just fine on the preview but then error message after I post it.

• linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
    11 years ago

I have both Miracle and Tiramisu. Both start green or yellow green in the spring, but get the red coloration on new leaves when they start growing again, but only while temperatures are cool/cold. As soon as it warms up, they develop solid colored leaves. Then, in fall cooler temperatures, the red coloration reappears. So I think if you are in a warm climate, you will have little or no red in the leaves.

• dazlr
    10 years ago

I have miracle , just planted it and 7 other Heuchera. My miracle is all green right now but have planted it where it will get morning sun and shade in the afternoon. Seems a lot of these kind of plants like that. We shall see what happens in the next few weeks with all of them .
    Wendy