Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ishareflowers

A few pics of gardens

{{gwi:357552}}

excuse the mess outside the fence, those were give aways.

{{gwi:413895}}

a very washed out frosted violet,too much sun!

crimson curls and kassandra, a tinylime rickeyanda few that thenames escape me at the moment

{{gwi:357553}}

caramel and stormy seas

I don't have any great pics of my heuchera but I will start taking pics to share now that there is a forum!

Have a great day

Lisa

Comments (8)

• buyorsell888
    11 years ago

Very nice :)

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    11 years ago

Love it Lisa!!! I see you have the exact same taste in plants as I do- anything with neat-o, interesting foliage!

What is that tallish plant in the 2nd pic with the thin white variegation around the edge? A hydrangea maybe? I like the look of it whatever it is, lol!

So glad to get a peek of your garden! Great job ;-)
    CMK

• glosgarden
    11 years ago

Beautiful!

• jan_on zone 5b
    11 years ago

Pretty gardens - lots of interesting plants. That is some blue hosta in the foreground of the last picture - what variety is it?
    Jan

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Christin,yes! I love foliage plants and that is a hydrangea. I think it's maresii, I took cuttingslast year and rooted one for my nephew ..want one???

Jan, I have no idea what hosta that is, itwas given to me by an elderly man when he was leaving his 40/50 year old garden. I love it!

I will post some current pics soon, I just posted a few of what I had handy.

I would love to see your gardens, post away!

Lisa

• christinmk z5b eastern WA
    11 years ago

That is sure sweet of you to offer Lisa! I would take you up on the offer, but have not found they macrophylla Hydrangeas to do very well here. I've had my 'Nikko Blue' for seven years and never had it bloom, LOL. We do have some planted at work that bloom, but I am almost certain they are another species...one that is more cane hardy in z5.

I know you are in a warmer zone than me, but do you get good bloom on yours?

Ps. Just noticed that you have campanula in your second pic too. What is that variety? Lovely! Campanula is another fav of mine ;-)
    CMK

• bettylu_zone6a
    11 years ago

I also loved the white edged leaf on the hydrangea! I am going to have to look for that one - I am finally starting to have success with hydrangea in a new location.

This heuchera forum is great - I keep adding more with every new picture I see (and they look so good with my hosta, too)!

I think it was you who sent me Heuchera seeds a few years back from the Winter Sowing Forum - my babies are getting some nice size now and each one is different! I am hoping to collect seeds of my own this year - who knows what kind of colors I will get since I have about a dozen different varieties (including my winter sown hybrids)

BettyLu

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Betty lou, yes,Idid sent you heuchera seeds for postage. I hope you get some pretty ones!

Christine,I picked that hydrangea up atlowes for $1, yes,1. It was almost dead, this will be my third season with it and yes, it bloomed last year. It was amazing! I cant remember if that is pantaloons or cherry bells campanula, do you want some?? I have plenty, it spreads.

Lisa

I will check for a pic but I don't think I got one.