Return to the Heuchera Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Villosa List

Posted by monet_g 6a (My Page) on
Wed, May 23, 12 at 9:38

Does anyone know where I can locate a comprehensive list of Hercs with villosa genes? I'm finding that many/most tags don't give background info.
Thanks,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Villosa List

I do not know if such list exists somewhere, but if the Heuchera is Terra Nova's introduction, you can see its species parents in the description.

For example, for Heuchera 'Black Beauty', the parents are villosa, micrantha.

o

Monet_g,
Just wondering - how come you call them "hercs"?
Wouldn't you call them "heucs"?
Vanessa

o

Thanks, Alina.
Vanessa, I guess I was in a hurry.

o

Hercs are what most of the old Herc people have been calling them for years. I do it all the time it is just a good short cut nickname for me. lol

Thanks for the link. I try to buy mostly Villosa

o

I just happen to have Dan Heim's book handy. These were all listed as Huechera villosa cultivars:

H. v. 'Autumn Bride', 'Biddulph Brown', 'Chantilly', 'Creme de la Creme', 'Discolor', 'Emperor's Cloak', 'Melkweg', f.purpurea 'Bronze Wave', f.p. 'Palace Purple', f.p. 'Royal Red'

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heuchera Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here