Return to the Heuchera Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Solar Eclipse

Posted by rouge21 5b (My Page) on
Mon, May 14, 12 at 12:32

I am likely to replace one or two of my heuchera with this particular heucherella (provided I can find it...I havent yet sourced it here in the GreaterTorontoArea). I am hoping that heucherella thrive in the same aspect as do heuchera. Is this the case?

(Is it just me or others impressed by the photos of "Solar Eclipse"? What other ones do you find as striking?)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Solar Eclipse

Heucherella do just as well for me as heuchera.
Of course our zones are very different.
I just bought SE last week so don't know much about it yet, but it was just so pretty and only $7 so I HAD to get it!

o

Rouge21,
Check out Crooked Creek Garden Centre in Newtonville, ON (in the Durham Region). It is about 5 minutes off highway 401. That's where I bought my Solar Eclipse and also they have other heuchera's and heucherella's.
I would call them first as the Solar Eclipse's just came in.
4480 Concession Rd.4 Newtonville ON L0A 1J0 (905)786-2212
Vanessa

o

Thanks for that information Vanessa but I was able to pick up a SE and a Delta Dawn at Humber Nurseries in Brampton this past week.

(Anyone have DD in their garden? What are you impressions?)

o

Rouge, here are a trio of Delta Dawn I bought about 3 weeks ago in a pot awaiting a spot in the bed. I really like that unlike many yellows that are lighter and yellower in the spring, DD turns more and more yellow as the season progresses.
Delta Dawn

And here is my Solar Eclipse:
Solar Eclipse

o

Cindy, I think she meant the Heuchera 'Delta Dawn' not the hosta. :-)

My Solar Eclipse is not as vibrant as the pics I've seen. Mine looks more like a green with some flecks of bronze toward the veins.

o

You are right ie I did mean DD heuchera...my mistake.

o

Heuchera Delta Dawn is great. Mine is starting to get the color like the tag. It's like an improved version of Miracle.

o

This was the first SE I purchased and after giving it a month to develop I was hooked (see picture below).

And so I bought *3* more in the past couple of weeks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heuchera Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here