Return to the Heuchera Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tiarella 'Crow Feather'?

Posted by Jan.ON 5b/6 (My Page) on
Mon, May 7, 12 at 17:10

I just read a magazine article that has a picture of this variety and it is absolutely spectacular. Apparently the basically green leaves develop pink and red areas as the season progresses. Anyone got it/ seen it?
Jan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tiarella 'Crow Feather'?

I think I do, I'll have to dig out my tags. I have so many I lose track.

o

Wow, look at that fall color!

From this site at the link:
Crow Feather is a rhizomatous, clump-forming foamflower hybrid that is primarily noted for its attractive variegated foliage that, in mild winter climates, develops bright and showy colors in fall and winter. Palmate, deeply cut basal leaves emerge in spring in mounds rising to 8-10" tall. Each leaf is bright green with prominent black feathering along the mid-rib and center veins. Leaves develop an interesting combination of pink, red, purple and black colors in fall, with the fall coloration continuing throughout winter in mild winter locations from USDA Zone 7 southward.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tiarella 'Crow Feather'

o

I think mine is in too much shade now. The variegation now isn't as fab as when I first planted it. I need to rework the bed it's in so maybe I'll move it. I love the hairy big leaves.

o

I have a tag for it but my Tiarellas and Huecherellas have gotten mixed up, moved and some died so not sure if I still have it or not.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heuchera Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here