Return to the Heuchera Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Loblaws Heucheras

Posted by hippieindenial 5b Ontario (My Page) on
Mon, May 6, 13 at 17:18

Hi everyone,

What Heuchera, Heucherella and Tiarella are available in your local Loblows garden centres?

I visited my closest location yesterday and picked up one called 'Amber Lady'. There's not much about it on the Internet but it is pretty. They had others but I can't remember them all...a few were 'Sugar Plum', 'Caramel' and 'Plum Pudding'.

Here are pictures:

Amber Lady (for me):
 photo 610f813f-ad0c-406c-b625-04d03693d862_zps174d4722.jpg

Sugar Plum (for my dad - got this one for myself last year):
 photo 559d72aa-8e7c-477b-b707-3fee608cd2e2_zps31b994cd.jpg

Vanessa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Loblaws Heucheras

I haven't really checked out Loblaws too heavily for Heucs....I did just buy other things.......I should check it out. they had some gorgeous Georgia Peaches last year

o
RE: Loblaws Heucheras

Today I received the President's Choice Insider's Report Garden Edition and inside it said this:

"We've had so much success going to plant trials to get exclusives on the hottest new annuals that now we're shopping them for perennials. Recently, we visited plant trials at Walters Gardens in Michigan, where they specialize in perennial plant breeding. One of our best discoveries is our exclusive Heuchera Amber Lady. Vibrant reddish orange maple-leaf-type foliage transforms throughout the season to provide a splashy display of colour. Compact, it grows into a nice large mound. It's super-hardy and will do well in sun or partial shade!"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heuchera Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here