Return to the Heuchera Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
You guys are enablers!!

Posted by glosgarden 7b (My Page) on
Sat, May 5, 12 at 17:40

So I have to go to my favorite nursery today to take something to a friend of mine that works there...
I did not go intending to buy anything.
I was just going to walk over and look at the heucheras...
So why did I come home with Peach Melba, Cajun Fire, Sugar Plum, Solar Eclispe,a tiarella...Sugar and Spice and a NOID that was just too beautiful not to bring home.
Last week I could have just left...walked away...
But not since this forum started....
I'm already a hostaholic....I really didn't need another addiction....
Anyone else ever done this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: You guys are enablers!!

yup, this week! I was just going to 'survey' what was available. But dangit all if several didn't jump into my arms and my credit card come flying out of my purse!

o

Celebrate that you have enough space to plant more, and more, and more. They are all so pretty, and always new selections to consider. Show us pictures!
Jan

o

I have no addictions. I have 33 years AA, 29 years no cigarettes (true) and I cannot pass up a hosta or heuchera. Or a Rex Begonia or a cactus or orchid. I have an Agave Welcome Center. Will not talk about the cannas or the daylilies.

'I did not go intending to buy anything' LOL who you fooling? Have I ever been enabled by the forums here? Daily. Paula

o

I'm addicted to these too! I just got Miracle, Georgia Peach, Sweet Tea, Autumn Leaves, Berry Smoothie and more! I also started collecting ice plants (Delosperma). I want all the colors of both.

o

Echinacea, we will need pix of Miracle as it changes. And exactly how large is your yard? Delosperma spread, don't they? I'm imagining your garage consumed under a kudzu-like blanket of delosperma. Hmmm.... and I'm assuming you also have an echinacea collection?...

o

I've long since said about gardening forums....

If we were alcoholics, we'd not go to a bar looking for the AA meeting!

Welcome to the bar!

o

One of my favorite funny quotes is:
"There's a fine line between hobby and mental illness."

:D

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heuchera Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here