Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
anniegolden_gw

Where do you buy heuchera?

anniegolden
11 years ago

Now that the garden center where I used to work has partially shut down, I have no place to buy heuchera locally (Central Delaware) that I know of. Do any of you buy it online? Thanks.

Christine

Comments (12)

• kskaren
    11 years ago

I am anxious to hear where others buy them, too! I ordered some from Bluestone, but it will be nice to hear the "tried and true" places, like we do on the hosta forum!

Karen

• thisismelissa
    11 years ago

I have ordered heuch's from Hallson's and from In the Country.

Locally, I buy at several nurseries and also at Home Depot.

• marquest
    11 years ago

This place was recommended to me from another site.

http://ilovehostas.net/coralbells.html

I have gotten some from a Santa Rosa Garden They do not have a large selection but they are reasonable for the ones they have and you get a good size plant for a reasonable price.

perennial nursery has a few and you will get a a big plant.
    (Hallson)

• anniegolden
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you thisismelissa and marquest for your suggestions. I checked them all out, it was fun. (Goodness, I just realized what a plant geek I am to think that looking at plants online is fun - but it WAS.)
    Christine

• frostynyc
    11 years ago

I'm curious about this topic too.

I checked out Hallson's but they have a very limited selection. In the Country has several attractive varieties and at $9 each I'm tempted. Santa Rosa has very low prices but nothing that I particularly want.

My local nurseries sell Heuchera for between $15 and $18 each. Not exactly a price that inspires me to fill my beds with every variety (yet, I don't blink at spending $20 on a hosta...ha).

Lowe's sells 4 inch square pots of plants for $3.33 in NY. New plants come in twice a month, in a mix of sun and shade perennials. I picked up several varieties of Heuchera at this bargain price last summer and they have quadrupled in size this spring.

• buyorsell888
    11 years ago

I've purchased several from Santa Rosa, mostly I buy them locally. Since Terra Nova is local, just about every garden center here carries their plants. Lots of wholesale only places sell to the public on open house days here in spring too. Not Terra Nova though I drive an hour to get there when they open their display garden. It is divine.

• Cindy
    11 years ago

I have purchased a lot at Lowes and Home Depot as well as a large local garden center however I just sent an order to Stargazer Perennials after receiving a nice hosta order from them. I ordered Snow Angel and Golden Zebra, 2 I can't find locally.

• alina_1
    11 years ago

Wow, that Stargazer Perennial place is expensive!

Here are a couple of online sources that are not well known for some reason:

Mason Hollow Nursery (amazing selection of new and old hybrids)
    Garden Harvest Supply

I bought from both of them and was happy with the quality of the plants.

Garden Crossings always send good size plants, but I prefer to order from them when they have sales - their regular prices are too high.

• TheHostaCottage
    11 years ago

In Ontario, I have purchased from Bloom Field Garden Centre in Newcastle, Crooked Creek Garden Centre in Newtonville, Vandermeer's Nursery in Ajax, Hosta Choice in Appin, any Loblaw's banner with a garden centre (Independent Grocer, Real Canadian Superstore), and Canadian Tire. I would be interested to see if anyone from Ontario has any other really good suppliers I could check out.

• nutmeg4061
    11 years ago

I see one of my favorite online places was already mentioned. Garden Harvest Supply. They have a top notch reputation on "The Dog", and I don't know why I don't hear about them more often. They have a great half price annual sale, which should be coming up soon. Then, a perennial sale later in the year.
    They currently have about 40 varieties of Heuchs and a few Heucherellas.
    Michelle

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden Harvest Supply

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    11 years ago

This is my first heuchera order and first time buyer from In The Country. All were $9 apeace and so far all has gone well. I was not sure what size they were going to be as they were the lowest price I could find. I do find this to be a finicky plant tho. Paula

Sweet Tea is awesome. Sould be on everyones list.

• Cindy
    11 years ago

Alina, my hosta order were in 1 gallon pots and decent sized. The Coral Bells are also in 1 gallon pots but I just ordered them so maybe it is the bigger size that makes them higher.....I hope, I hope!

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!