Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jan_on

How many do you have?

jan_on zone 5b
11 years ago

Just how serious is your heuchera habit? I have about 20 varieties plus a few duplicates. I have far to go! Think I'm going to need a bigger garden.

Jan

Comments (15)

• thisismelissa
    11 years ago

I have about 50-60 varieties of heuchera, heucherella and tiarella... plus one Mukdenia... a cousin.

• Cindy
    11 years ago

I have 53 plants in 13 varieties but have a wish list for more.

• marquest
    11 years ago

I never counted. Maybe about 40 different ones but I have a lot of duplicates. So there are about 100 throughout the gardens. I am on 4 acres so there is a lot of filling going on out there. lol

• buyorsell888
    11 years ago

I'm not positive but I think I have over thirty.

• monet_g
    11 years ago

I don't have many - maybe 15 or so and a few cultivars are duplicates. One or two are from a NOID mother that was in the garden when I moved to this house 20 years ago.
    Gail

• TheHostaCottage
    11 years ago

I have 76 Heucheras, Heucherella's and Tiarella's....I think I have an addiction problem. I'm glad I decided to start labeling them when I had about 5. Originally, the plan was to only label my Hosta and Echinacea.....I think Astilbe's are next...lol

• kskaren
    11 years ago

I hadn't counted before, but I found 18 different varieties, which is surprising, because I've just recently realized how much I love these little cuties! Well on my way to serious problems, here!!

Karen

• nutmeg4061
    11 years ago

Maybe 15. A small enough number that I didn't think I needed to label the purplish red ones...WRONG.
    I'm already confused on which is which. That's one chore I will be figuring out soon when I take some pics.
    Michelle

• ilovetogrow z9 Jax Florida
    11 years ago

I have 8 of them now. It is not a plant I find here in Florida and I just got in 6 mail order. Hooked. Paula

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    11 years ago

This prompted me to go out and count my heucheras, I have 147 planted and dozens of off shoots and roots potted to give away. I didn't count how many are repeats but I know there are dozens. I just cant get enough of these babies!

Lisa

• kskaren
    11 years ago

Oh my goodness, Lisa! We want to see pictures!!

Michelle, I also have some purple ones that I'm not sure what they are, either! (insert red face here). I know which one is Palace Purple, but I don't think they all are. I'm sensing a "Purple NOID" thread coming....

Karen

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Good question. I lost a few of the new treasures I bought three years when the new baby, my DF's cancer, and the whole house reno took over and I forgot to water. :-( So I must be down to about 70 or so now. I don't generally buy more than one or two of any variety as my theory is that I'll have more room for new intros if I only buy one of each. Oh, addiction. ((sigh))

• kskaren
    11 years ago

Ok, I can see we definitely need to start a Heuchera Alphabet here. C'mon you hard core fanatics, get to enabling us newbies!!

Karen

• jan_on zone 5b
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Some rather serious collectors here - so a great source of information for the rest of us! I hope we're all taking our cameras to the garden...........
    Jan

• irawon
    11 years ago

I have 46 varieties of heucheras, 6 heucherellas and 5 tiarellas. "Palace Purple' self seeds like crazy, so I use it as a filler everywhere. It even seeded and grew in a crack in a retaining wall.

Wierd, I can post pictures directly from my desktop to the hosta forum but not here, as the CHOOSE button has disappeared.

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz