Return to the Heuchera Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is there still hope?

Posted by coxy 6 (My Page) on
Fri, May 3, 13 at 20:41

I have about 25 Heuschera and about 20 are growing. The other 5 show no signs of life. Are some later starters than others or are they dead?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is there still hope?

If they are completely dried out or rotted, they may be goners. But take a good look at them. I thought I lost Midnight Bayou when I saw the entire top part of the plant had browned out and died, but near the crown there were little signs of life, little purple buds poking out. I'm going to grow it in a pot for a while and see how it does. I think the winter wet, and too much snow did it in, but didn't kill it completely. And it was looking so good last summer. Bummed me out. At least there is still some hope.

Karen

o

coxy I have had some that seem to start later than others. Give them time. I am in Florida and still leafing out. This is my second year with heucheras and I am still learning. I usually give plants to the 4Th of July to declare dead. Paula

Berry Smoothie a week ago. Just waking up.

o

I looked pretty hard and long and don't see a thing. The weird thing is that they are all in a row and I know they are all different. Most upset about Citronnelle

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heuchera Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here