Return to the Heuchera Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brown patches on Citronelle?

Posted by kentstar 5b, NE Ohio (My Page) on
Fri, May 4, 12 at 20:49

I have two Citronelle that every year they develop some brown spotting or patches on their leaves. I wonder if it's a fungal disease? or something else. I can post a pic tomorrow. It happens every year. Maybe just on old leaves? Does anyone else have this problem? Otherwise they both grow just fine and look gorgeous except for the leaves with the patches.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brown patches on Citronelle?

It could definitely be just old leaves that are beyond their prime and need to be removed.
Does it look anything like this, tho?
Heuchera rust.

Here is a link that might be useful: Heuchera rust

o

Nope not like that. I'll post a pic tomorrow. They are more blotchy and larger patches of brown.

o

I've been having brown patches on Caramel Heuchera just in the last 2-3 weeks. They're a new plant for me and only ten months in ground. It's the mature leaves that are affected and they have subsequently shrivelled up and fallen off completely. Could this condition be "normal" considering the unusually cool, wet Spring we've had in Seattle? Many of the plants in my yard seem a little, well, confused this year.

I clipped off the dead/dying leaves, and there are new, so far healthy, baby leaves growing below. So I'm crossing my fingers that nutmeg4061 is correct, and that the plants will recover.

o

Citronelle is noted for these brown patches - I call them "sunburn" and clip them off. Have noticed this on Caramel just during the past couple of weeks as we've gotten into the awful heat.

o

I was thinking sunburn, a photo would really help.

o

Here's a picture of Citronelle and some others earlier this month. You can see the patches on Citronelle. Well, the picture doesn't show up very large on this forum so maybe you can't see it. Citroneele is the chartreuse in the distance. Caramel is the gold colored one- it wasn't showing burned spots earlier in June but is now as it is hotter and drier.
Garden entrance

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heuchera Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here