Return to the Heuchera Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
reviews of 3 different sources

Posted by coxy 6 (My Page) on
Fri, May 10, 13 at 22:09

I just had deliveries from 3 different sources for Heuchera. Romence, Mason Hollow and Garden Harvest Supply. The prices were all very close but the plant size varied pretty significantly. The order in which I listed them correlate to my level of satisfaction. All plants were alive and healthy and all were packed properly but the Romence stock was twice as large as the Mason Hollow and 3 times the size of
Garden Harvest. I would order from the first 2 again and Garden Harvest only if they had something the others didn't. Those and the ones from Home Depot and Lowes put me at about 25 new ones this year. I will say that I found Midnight Rose at Lowes for 12.99 and they were the biggest. I was frustrated because I had ordered them from 2 of the mail order sources which were so much smaller for the same price.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: reviews of 3 different sources

The one you purchased from Lowe's has spent the last couple of months on steroids. They have been pampered and pushed to the fullest. I have some too and they are great. The plant from the mail order are from a field some where in America and are growing more ala natural.

This was my first year ordering from Romance. I was pleased with the heucheras and hostas I did get. I will go back for more. Have not tried Mason Hollow but I have an idea I am going there after this post. Garden Harvest smaller plants but still growing. Have not reordered.

Bluestone is another great source for Heucheras. Second time ordering from them. Santa Rosa is another that I have ordered from twice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heuchera Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here