Return to the Heuchera Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hosta Library Equivalent?

Posted by Jan.ON 5b/6 (My Page) on
Sat, May 5, 12 at 22:24

I'm so used to flipping over to the Hosta Library whenever I want to see pictures of a particular variety -- is there a good reference for researching heuchera cultivars?
Jan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hosta Library Equivalent?

Nope.
I've wanted to start one, but I don't know where to start.

o

The closest I have found is the one below.

There is one I found the other night that I forgot to bookmark that is an American site that had most of them that listed size and parent. I was looking for parent because I want to get a working list of all the Villosa because they are working out in my gardens for 3+ years everything else either lives 1-2 years and die or not last the winter or summer.

I will keep looking and if I find it I will post the link.

Terra Nova have all of the ones they have developed that have good pics and they have pics of different seasons on some.

Here is a link that might be useful: Herc

o

That site has really nice pictures! Thanks for posting it!

Robyn

o

You are welcome. That site will have some that do not hit the US for a year or two. So if you see some that are not familiar it will probably be coming soon to the US.

I have been searching all morning. There is one that has a lot of pics and better in English backgrounds. I wish I had booked marked.

Maybe someone will find it or know about that one and post for us.

o

Marquest,

If you remember which night you were on the site, maybe you could find it in your browsing history?

Deanna

o

marquest - great site. Thank you for that. The pictures are excellent.

melissa -- you go girl!

Jan

o

www.perennials.com
is the web site of a Canadian Wholesaler - it has been named by Google as the best perennial resource. They list 92 varieties of heucheras. The pictures aren't all superb, but there are good descriptions. No sales to the public through their web site - just eye candy.
Jan

o

Thanks Deanna, I do not remember which date I went back a week. Maybe it was longer than that. I hope I did not dream I saw the better site. lol

o

I've wondered this, too.
Maybe we could start one?!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heuchera Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here