Return to the Heuchera Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone grow Melting Fire?

Posted by linnea56 z5 IL (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 7, 12 at 0:10

Sun/shade tolerance? Easy going, or fussy? I like the color and the curly leaves.

The name sounds familiar, I'm not if I've bought this before, and it died. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone grow Melting Fire?

I am in zone 6 and my melting fires are in full sun for at least 4 hours a day. They are very prolific for me.

Lisa

o

How would you describe the color?

o

I have one (new this year) that has surprised me. It is in mostly dappled shade, but with a few hours of late afternoon sun. It lingers at a purplish color, but with the dark red new growth in the center. It has grown very well and keeps a nice dense habit, even in its shady spot. It's not one that will stop the eye at fifty paces, but it is a very nice plant.

o

I have two plants; one is in more sun than the other. The one in shade holds its color best. I love the new growth...a very smoldering red. The older leaves are purplish. A good grower that gets full-sized fairly quickly. I like the curly leaves, too. As with most heuchs, the colors are the best in the early spring and the fall.

o

I completely forgot that I asked about these 2 years ago! I had bought 4, none came back the next year. My list of "not hardy" heucheras gets ever longer....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heuchera Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here