Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flower_frenzy

Took some pictures yesterday...

flower_frenzy
9 years ago

I like to take pictures at different times throughout the growing season. I'm always amazed at how things change from month to month.

Little Cutie heuchera 'Frost'.

Comments (23)

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another Little Cutie heuchera. This one is called 'Sweet Tart'.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Heucherella 'Twilight' being swallowed up by a hosta and a mini hydrangea. I need to move it this Fall. I think the unusual colors are lovely. I love the prominent veins as well.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Heucherella 'Crow Feather'. The dark centers will get more noticeable as the season progresses.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

One of the few reds that actually grows well for me. This is 'Autumn Leaves'.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I seem to have trouble growing a lot of the reds and oranges, but I keep this one around because I just can't get over the color. This is 'Paprika'.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

A new one for me that I'm really starting to like. This is 'Glitter'. It's a bit more purple than the picture shows. This was taken in full sun, which doesn't always show the color off.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

A forum favorite...heucherella 'Sweet Tea'.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I love 'Green Spice'. The color combo is outstanding.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

'Pear Crisp' practically screams "Look at me!".

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The subtle, silvery 'Venus'.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I'm really starting to love 'Geisha's Fan'.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

'Ginger Ale' is a unique color. There's nothing else quite like it in my garden.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The aptly named 'Mahogany'. Mine would be a lot larger, but the (blankety blank blank) squirrels shredded it earlier this year.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sometimes I get so caught up in all of the fancy colors that I forget to stop and appreciate the lovely greens. This beauty is called 'Silver Harvest'.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

'Spellbound' got off to a slow start this year but is finally showing off its beautiful purple/silver color combo.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

'Carnival Watermelon' was an instant favorite from the minute I bought it last spring. It keeps putting out these wonderful, bright, colorful new leaves all season long.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Last one...heucherella 'Cracked Ice'. This one is unique in that it gives off almost a blue hue during the summer months and is very distinctly tri-colored in the fall.

Thanks for looking!

• lvmygrdn1
    9 years ago

Love your photos. I have paprika and seems to be slow growing. I love the color(s). Ree

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Ree. Sorry to hear your Paprika is slow for you as well. Good to know I'm not doing anything wrong, though. Normally I would've done away with a heuch that performs this poorly, but I just can't bring myself to do it on account of the color. It's too bad that it's such a dud growth-wise, though. I seem to have trouble in this way with a lot of the reds. I'm wondering if they don't like the wet here, or if it's that way for everyone around the world and the reds are just poor performers. They always come into the local nurseries looking so red and lush, but after a year in my garden, they just shrink and/or disappear altogether.

• mstrecke
    9 years ago

Beautiful!

I just started planting a bunch of Heuchs in my yard.

I think I am in love :)

Margaret

• lvmygrdn1
    9 years ago

Flower Frenzy, my Paprika is starting to perk up. It has been hot, humid, and dry. I do love the colors. I have it the front of the bed. My other heucheras are going gangbusters. So glad I came across this forum and took the plunge.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Good to hear your Paprika is looking livelier. Mine is, too. Who knows....maybe it just needs more time to get going then most of the others. The color certainly makes it worth the wait.

Margaret- welcome to the colorful world of heuchera! Be careful...they're addictive. I don't know how I managed to get over 100 of them, but somehow it happened.

• leafwatcher
    9 years ago

Very nice pictures...

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer