Return to the Heuchera Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Berry Smoothie

Posted by hostaholic2 zone 4 MN (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 10, 12 at 10:46

I saw Berry Smoothie at a nursery recently and loved the color but passed on it until I could find out more about it. Does anyone have any info to share on that one?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Berry Smoothie

It's a villosa hybrid. I got it this spring, so I can't report about its long term performance.

Deanna

o

I too got mine this spring but I can say that so far it has been a fast grower and has some fantastic color in the garden. I would recommend it. Have a great grow day, Paula
Photobucket

o

I will try to get a good picture of mine tomorrow. I have it growing in my zone 2b garden here in SW Manitoba. I love love love it!!! I got mine in the spring of 2010 and so, it has made it thru 2 winters already.

Brenda

o

I've had mine for as long as Brenda. It grows well for me, bigger now than it has ever been since I moved it from a previous, root infested spot to now where it gets plenty of moisture and no tree roots. I'll have to take a more recent picture as well. I think it holds its color better than Georgia Peach, another one that has grown well for me in the same color range.

Here's a picture of a grouping, Berrie Smoothie is on the far left. Pic taken on 5-8-12

Grouping 5-8-12, Hostas Blue Ivory and Blueberry Muffin, heucheras Sugar Plum, Berry Smoothie, Mint Julep

Karen

o

Karen, what is the dark huechera in the photo named? Paula

o

The dark one to the left of BS is Marvelous Marble, the silvery purple to the right of BS is Sugar Plum. The chartreuse one in back is Mint Julep.

Karen

o

I purchased Berry Smoothie in 2011. Here it is:

Photobucket

o

Thank you Karen beautiful colors in your garden. Hippi that is a cutie also. I am going to enjoy this plant. Paula

o

Thanks for all the replies, sorry I didn't reply sooner. Haven't had time to check in until now. Happy Growing!

o

• Posted by val1 z4 UT (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 14, 12 at 1:46

I have had my Berry Smoothie since 2010 also. It has done wonderfully and has thrived in my garden. It is currently about 12" in diameter. It is one that everyone who visits notices and loves.

o

Has anyone saved the seeds from Berry Smoothie and started them? Wonder if it throws babies in the same beautiful pink coloring.

o

I bought mine last year. It has not been the most vigorous Heuchera for me, but not the worst one either.

The color is superb in its family, so this one is a keeper. After trying different combinations, I planted mine with Hakonechloa:

Photobucket

I did not try to save seeds though. Will take a look tonight if they still have flowers...

o

Now i just have to find time to make a nursery trip, hopefully fairly soon.

o

Thanks for posting these beautiful pictures. Would Berry Smoothie hold color in a mostly sunny location (~ 3-4 hours afternoon sun)? I have been debating between this and Georgia Peach. Does the color change with the season?

Thanks.
Vivian

o

Bought one today. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heuchera Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here