Return to the Heuchera Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Welcome visitor

Posted by flower-frenzy 8a (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 15:15

I had an adorable visitor to my heuchera garden this morning. Take a look!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Welcome visitor

Another view...

I think he visited at least 10 plants before he flew away. I could hear him chirping happily as he drank the nectar. What a cutie!

o

How cool is that!

Don B.

o

so nice. Thanks for sharing.

o

Don't ;you just love it when the stuff you plant becomes part of the ecosystem? Recently I noticed a bird's nest in a crape myrtle that I planted a few years ago.

But I guess I didn't understand that heuchera attract hummingbirds. I have several heuchs with unspecial blooms and I usually just snap them off. Should I be leaving them on for the hummingbirds?

o

I've never seen hummingbirds in my heuchera before this year either. It's strange because they haven't been visiting the plants I normally see them on. This particular bird was a much brighter color than the ones I'm used to seeing. He was also quite a bit larger. I don't know what might have changed in the ecosystem, but obviously something has. I've found that the lack of pollinators (bees in particular) in general to be disturbing.

You might as well leave the flowers on your heuchs. You never know who they may attract.

o

Wow, I have not seen that on my heuchera yet. Thanks for sharing.

Beverly

o

The hummers have been coming into my yard .I have some year round hummers , I keep feeders out all year long, but I like it best when they head for the Heuchs.too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heuchera Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here