Return to the Heuchera Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White flowers?

Posted by ginny12 z5 MA (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 1, 13 at 18:07

Can anyone recommend any heucheras with pure white flowers? I have a bed I call my 'white garden' and would love some white-flowered heucheras for there. If it had green and white variegated foliage, that would be perfect.

A long--very long--time ago, I grew 'June Bride' but it didn't do well there. That was before the revolution in heucheras tho so I hope there have been some new white-flowered varieties. The more white flowers the better!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White flowers?

IME, "white" flowers with heucheras is a bit of stretch - I'd be more inclined to call many of them cream or buff rather than pure white.

Look for Rio
Apple Crisp
Blackberry Crisp
Electric LIme
Green Spice
Autumn Bride
White Cloud
Silver Lode

Of these, Green Spice is my favorite - maybe my favorite heuchera hands down! Flowers are just on the off side of white, IMO. White Cloud may be whiter but not nearly as great a plant.

o

This is a great list and I will check them all out. Thanks very much, gardengal48.

o

Ebony and Ivory has white flowers with dark leaves. I have it and it is a good grower

Here is a link that might be useful: Ebony and Ivory photo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heuchera Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here