Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Can any chartreuse color H. take direct sun?

I have a bed that gets morning light til about 2 pm, and is shaded by the house after that.

I took a good hard look at 4 Miracle I have planted in that area. Only one actually looks good, as in full and healthy. The other 3 have a lot of faded leaves or brown spots, plus open spaces where leaves are missing. These all looked great this spring. They have been in this location for 3 years. Miracle gets this nice rosy blush when the weather is cool, but it is more the base color of yellow green that I want here.

Purple leaved heuchera in this same bed look just fine (Obsidian, Blackout, and Stormy Seas)

I can't help contrasting it with several Tiramisu, which have similar color, but are planted in a bed that gets much more shade, and look totally full and healthy. I am thinking maybe lime green or chartreuse varieties perhaps can't take this much sun. But I don't know, maybe some can? Before I give up on heuchera for this color niche for this bed, maybe some one can tell me which of this color are most sun tolerant.

Thanks!

Comments (3)