Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nutmeg4061

Trailing Heucherellas - The 'Falls' Series

nutmeg4061
11 years ago

A new one this year makes the third in this series of trailing Heucherellas.

First came Yellowstone Falls and Redstone Falls. The latest is Sunrise Falls. From Terra Nova.

I like!

Michelle

Here is a link that might be useful: Heucherella Sunrise Falls

Comments (24)

• ginny12
    11 years ago

I love the idea of a trailing heuchera or relative--but I'd like to see a photo of it happening. Unfortunately this photo doesn't show any trailing...tho I do trust Terra Nova.

Does anyone have a photo of one of these trailing plants?

• buyorsell888
    11 years ago

I do but I am having problems with photo linking from Photobucket.

This is my gallery from Terra Nova's display garden. I was there yesterday and did take pictures of hanging baskets with the trailing Heucherellas. The last 100 photos in the gallery taken yesterday, the previous ones in fall of 2009. Their display garden is not open to the public very often.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• buyorsell888
    11 years ago

I see the photo perfectly in the preview

• buyorsell888
    11 years ago

I do not understand why I am seeing the photo correctly in the preview and then it won't show up after I post it.

I have linked photos from Photobucket on Garden Web for years.

• alina_1
    11 years ago

Just copy the third link from each picture's page, not from the album:

• buyorsell888
    11 years ago

I've linked hundreds of pics. I've only been getting the error message for the last month.

I just went and bought a one gallon sized 'Redstone Falls' I had a coupon for 50% off a perennial at a local garden center.

I'll take a pic after I plant it. It looks kinda bad in the pot. They rearranged their benches and it went from shade to sun and is burned a bit.

• jan_on zone 5b
    11 years ago

This series of heucherellas looks spectacular in your photos. Sure would like to see one in person, hanging in my garden! I wonder what happens in the winter - are they hardy? I would think a hanging basket would be a much harsher environment than in ground, so ......?
    Jan

• ginny12
    11 years ago

Wow--those are gorgeous. Now where to buy? Thanks for letting us know about these.

• val1
    11 years ago

I love the trailing heucherella and tiarella but cannot find them in any nurseries near me. Does anyone know of a good online site for these?

• buyorsell888
    11 years ago

Garden Crossings has 'Redstone Falls', I have never purchased from them.

Park Seed has 'Yellowstone Falls', I have purchased from them and would never recommend them to anyone...:(

New Garden Plants has both but again, I've never purchased from them. Never heard of them at all.

• alina_1
    11 years ago

Garden Crossings send the nice size plants, but they are really expensive. I only buy from them when they are having sales. Their Memorial Day 30% off sale just finished.

Garden Harvest Supplies sells both 'Redstone Falls' and 'Yellowstone Falls'. Lots of Heuchera too. They send small, but very healthy plants. They also have a reward (point) system.

Another good seller is Mason Hollow Nursery. They have trailing Heucherella 'Sunrise Falls'.

• alina_1
    11 years ago

If you need a nice size plant, you can also try Romence Garden. They sell 1 gallon well rooted plants. I just bought Heuchera 'Cajun Fire' and Heucherella 'Brass Lantern' from them. I am really impressed! Note that the shipping cost can be optimized by buying multiples of 4 (4 plants, 8, etc.). I paid for shipping 4 heavy and excellently packed one gallon plants less than $8. Can't beat that.

• ajfan
    11 years ago

Anyone know of a source in Canada where these might be purchased? Have never seen them before?

• kskaren
    11 years ago

Wow, buyorsell, I sure enjoyed looking at those fabulous gardens! One ray of hope for me is that I have a very sickly Southern Comfort, and am currently babying it in a pot. After seeing the gorgeous specimen in their photo, I am even more determined to save that one. Thanks for sharing!

Karen

• buyorsell888
    11 years ago

Here is my new Redstone Falls, you can't tell from the close up but the color matches the trim and front door of my house perfectly.

• schoolb1
    11 years ago

Oh my goodness! Beautiful and the hanging huecheras are stunning. I have bought a few over the years, but have no luck here in Alaska.It is to cold for them.I'm moving back to the lower 48 and plan on getting into them alot more!

• buyorsell888
    11 years ago

I just bought a Sunrise Falls in a 4" pot cheap :)

• dg
    11 years ago

buyorsell888,
    Do you have a photo of your new Sunrise Falls?
    :-)

How well did your Redstone Falls do through the summer and over winter? It's color in your June 2012 photo is gorgeous! You are in a different growing zone than me, but I'm still curious.

Deb

• buyorsell888
    11 years ago

It did really well. I need to take another photo, I try to weed first ;)

I haven't planted the Sunrise Falls yet but hopefully it will dry out this week.

• marquest
    11 years ago

I do not usually buy Terra Nova creations because they are not hardy for my gardens. I will wait and see how others fair in the colder areas.

• beverlymnz4
    10 years ago

byeorsell,

Thanks for sharing your photos.

val1,
    Another source I have used is In the Country Gardens. I have bought Terra Nova itroductions from them. Some work for me some do not. I also have purchased from Garden Crossings, very nice plants. You will have to decide if these are too pricey for you.

Happy shopping
    Beverly

• buyorsell888
    10 years ago

I am lucky to live less than an hour's drive from Terra Nova though it is not open to the public for tours often, I have been three times. Their display garden is amazing. Dan Heims the owner is an amazing speaker and he gives talks around the area often so I have met him several times.

My Redstone Falls from last year has grown significantly. Definitely a ground covering plant. I'll post a photo shortly.

• buyorsell888
    10 years ago

It has more than doubled in size. Berry Smoothie in upper right corner

This post was edited by buyorsell888 on Tue, Apr 30, 13 at 21:48

• linnea56 (zone 5b Chicago)
    10 years ago

I tried Yellowstone Falls last year. Died with a bang, unfortunately.

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County