Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flower_frenzy

Some nice pics today.....

flower_frenzy
10 years ago

It's an overcast day here in the PNW....perfect weather for taking pictures. I've posted a few of these before, but I thought it'd be worth it to post again as they've grown a lot and look so much nicer now. First up is 'Caramel' looking yummy!

Comments (19)

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Next up is 'Berry Smoothie'. Still a bit small, but unbelievable color!

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Next up is 'Pear Crisp'. I love the color and the serrated edges on this one.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Heucherella 'Sweet Tea'. The color looks promising. Hmmm...I'm noticing a food theme here. Lol.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Heuchera 'Fire Chief'. The color is outstanding, and it's nice to find a heuchera with such an attractive flower. Not the most vigorous grower, but he's coming along ok.

This post was edited by flower-frenzy on Wed, Jul 31, 13 at 16:12

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

'Marmalade' is a vigorous grower with great color and lovely ruffles. This one has doubled its size in a month.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

'Hercules' is aptly named. He's almost 3x the size he was when I bought him 4 weeks ago! I love the splashes of white on the leaves. The color is a nice green as well, different than most of my green ones which are more lime colored.

This post was edited by flower-frenzy on Wed, Jul 31, 13 at 19:52

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

'Citronelle' is looking especially bright on this cloudy day. I grow this one in almost complete shade so that the leaves don't burn.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Last, but not least, 'Mahogany' which is my absolute favorite this year. Amazing color, in full sun until 2 pm and doesn't burn and has more than doubled its size in a month. I love it!

Thank you for looking. Feel free to comment and add your own pics if you'd like.

This post was edited by flower-frenzy on Wed, Jul 31, 13 at 16:10

• tarheelbelle
    10 years ago

More beautiful pictures and many more to add to the never ending wishlist. :) Thanks for sharing

• rosie742001
    10 years ago

Gorgeous Heuchera, FF. Where are you located in the PNW? I live in Aumsville, Or. We have Carol and Karma in Washington and I think there are a couple more.Don't know if Andie is still here or not. Any more in the PNW branch? My mind goes on Hiatus every so often, so I can't remember any others right off the bat. Carol visited me last week and we discovered we had both lived in a small town called Lemon Grove in Cal. What are the odds? That was so much fun!!

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Glad everyone is enjoying the pics.

Tarheel-I know what you mean about the wish list. Between hostas and heuchs, mine just keeps growing and growing!

Rosie-I live in Vancouver, WA which is just north of Portland, OR. How far is Aumsville from Portland? It's good to know there are other PNWesters here on the Gardenweb. Sometimes I feel all alone when someone tells me (for the millionth time) "ya, but your experience doesn't count as much 'cuz you live in the PNW!" Lol. We are blessed here though, aren't we?

• rosie742001
    10 years ago

FF, I am about 50 miles from Portland and about 12 miles East of Salem.We moved up here from SoCal and I went crazy! Everything was blooming, Rhodies, Azaleas, all the fruit trees and ornamentals it was gorgeous I wanted to grow everything and all I knew about was Citrus and Poinsettias, and very little about those, except that when I planted Poinsettias in my yard they were like weeds, I couldn't get rid of them. I have about 4 acres and part of it is a grove of trees.so you know why I get in trouble here and at Hallsons. You are all enablerss. And I love it .

• unbiddenn
    10 years ago

Too many heuchera here to name.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Rosie-things do definitely grow well here, unless they rot from too much rain...lol. You live in a nice area. My husband's parents live in Silverton.

BTW, Hallson's has heuchera too. (Enable, enable)

Unbiddenn-gorgeous planting! I love it!

This post was edited by flower-frenzy on Sat, Aug 3, 13 at 19:24

• vivian_2010 (IL Zone 5a)
    10 years ago

FF, Beautiful heucheras! You captured their color and texture so well. I have a few that you showed here and absolutely love them. I do not have recent individual shots but here is a picture of some of them: Gergia Peach (big plant), Paris (nice pink blooms), Fire Alarm (new last fall. thought I lost it during the winter, but it came back), Cajun Fire, Caramel (not shown in this picture. I have 4 of them in a full sun place). And of course, Obsidan, my all time favorite.

Unbidden, Your garden is so nice and I love the combination of plants, colors and texture. The stone steps add so much charm.

Vivian

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Vivian-lovely planting! I love that Georgia Peach. Definitely on my wish list. You say it's a big plant. Is that big as in leaf size or just overall size of the plant itself?

• vivian_2010 (IL Zone 5a)
    10 years ago

FF, Geogia Peach has big leaves. But mostly I am impressed for the overall size. It is now about 12 x 18, grows a lot more since end of May when this picture was taken. I will try to take a picture tomorrow.Another reason I like it is that the peach color stays nicely during the summer.

After seeing you 'Berry Smoothie' picture, I am hooked. I need to go and find one. Only thing is that I need find a place that has more shade as I read it some where that it does not like afternoon sun. And I can not plant Heucheras in the shade place in my back yard as rabbits like them too.

Georgia Peach end of May

Vivian

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Love the pic of 'Georgia Peach'.

If you're looking online for 'Berry Smoothie', Casita Azul sells it. I've included a link to the site if you want to check it out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Casita Azul

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey, Rosie. I don't know if you're still around and checking this thread, but I forgot to mention a great source in your area. It's called Sebright Gardens and it's located in the Woodburn/Salem, OR area. They specialize in hostas, ferns and epimedium. They also carry a ton of heucheras and heucherellas for only $10 each (gallon sized). I've included a link to their website if you want to check them out.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sebright Gardens

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm