Return to the Heuchera Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
trying to find a few heucheras I had

Posted by alyciaadamo 3/4 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 25, 14 at 19:12

I used to have a ton of heucheras, but the wonderful winter of 2012 killed most of them of then last winter did in every one else except for the three I have left. Georgia Peach, Berry Smoothie and a tiny midnight rose. So I am now looking to buy these heucheras. Dolce Licorice, Autumn Leaves, Hercules and Sashay. I can only find a few at Bluestone perennials or Garden crossings. Who both have very negative reviews about them. I know it is really the worst time to be trying to find plants but I haven't had money until now to buy plants. Dolce Licorice is the one I am trying to find the most, I really loved that one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Or if you have had a positive experience with either one of these companies it would help make me feeling better about spending $17 on one heuchera.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: trying to find a few heucheras I had

Wait until next spring before replacing them. I have purchased from Bluestone several times and been happy.

o

Personally, if I buy heuchs online as opposed to my local nursery, I always order from Casita Azul. Their heuchs run about $12.99 for a 3" pot and they have an awesome selection. They're also having a special right now. If your plant order is $35 or more, they give you 10% off your entire order.

All of that said, I don't think they have Dolce Licorice. They do have many darks leaved ones to choose from, though. Obsidian would be an excellent substitute if you don't end up finding the one you're looking for.

Here is a link that might be useful: Casita Azul

o

I used to buy from Casita Azul all the time, but the last time I had bought from them everything had been super tiny and almost all the plants died. I have been thinking about trying them again though to see if they got better again. But they don't have the Dolce Licorice I looked at them first. They are the ones I got most of my heucheras from in the first place. They are all sold out of the ones that I would want from them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heuchera Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here