Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flower_frenzy

More pictures anyone?

flower_frenzy
10 years ago

Here are more pictures of my heuchs for anyone wishing to see them. Feel free to add your own as well. First up is 'Burgundy Harvest'. It's looking pretty green at the moment, but it's supposed to change colors with the weather. Plus, the backs of the leaves are burgundy.

Comments (18)

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Next up is 'Rio'. Still a baby, but I'm very impressed with the colors on this one. The leaf pattern is also quite striking.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Next up is 'Frost'. This one is from the "Little Cuties" series. It's supposed to only get 6" x 9" at maturity. The color is outstanding!

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is a heucherella called 'Brass Lantern'. It's another one that changes color with the weather.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another heucherella. This one is 'Crow Feather'. The bluish purple veins are just beautiful.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I know I've posted a pic of this one before, but I had to post another to show how it's grown. This is 'Spellbound'. The silvery purple color is amazing and the leaf size is huge!

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another heuch from the "Little Cuties" series called 'Sweet Tart'. It's supposed to have deep pink flowers in summer, which will be beautiful against the bright, lime-green foliage.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is 'Beaujolais'. It used to be an ugly khaki green color. I placed it in more sun per another member's suggestion and now I really like it.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is 'Pear Crisp'. I love the pattern and the serrated edges on the leaves. The color is great as well.

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Last one is heucherella 'Sweet Tea'. I've posted pics of this one before, but I wanted to show how much it's grown. Plus, the colors are even better now that the weather has cooled down a bit. Thanks for looking!

• dg
    10 years ago

Your heuchera and heucherella look so pretty! I like each of them for various reasons. Please post pics of their fall colors as/after they change.

I have a difficult time photographing mine to show their color well. You have done a nice job :-)

Deb

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Deb. I'm glad you're enjoying the pics. That's a good idea...taking seasonal pictures. I think I'll take fall pics this year and spring next year. Then I can show progression on each of them. Most of my pics this year were taken during summer.

• Debra Vessels
    10 years ago

flower-frenzy, I never get tired of your pictures, I have "Spellbound" and it is just beautiful. Your "Brass Lantern" is just amazing! And 'Beaujolais' I love the ones that change colors like that. My "Sweet Tea" is pretty shaded, and recovering from the heat, I hope it looks as good as yours next spring. So addictive. I don't really have the perfect Heuchera conditions, next year will tell me alot about which one needs to be moved. Thanks for the inspiration!

• dazlr
    10 years ago

Love your pictures Flower-frenzy. Keep posting as you are making my list grow and grow lol.
    My new heucheras are doing pretty good. Three are just young and appear to look just about the same but those of us who like this plant can notice the subtle differences can't we. I have Miracle and it is still very green so looking to see what happens as the weather gets cooler.
    I have three sources up here now. If I buy all the heucheras I want I am going to have to start building gardens at the neighbors houses lol
    Have a great weekend., Raining here now but hoping for sun later today :)

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Dazlr- I'm glad you're enjoying the pictures. I always wonder if I post too many. I guess I do it because I personally find pictures to be the most helpful to me when I'm considering buying a certain plant. I hope my pics are the same help to other people.

I'm currently growing 'Miracle' also. It's been green all year long and I haven't seen any other color on it yet. I guess we'll both have to keep our fingers crossed. There are lots of green heuchs out there that are very attractive, but that's not one of them in my opinion. It's a boring green, at least to me. If it doesn't show some color, I think I'll replace it with a better looking variety.

• lesmc
    10 years ago

LOvely photos. You have a very nice collection. I just planted 18 Circus heucheras around the garden and they have really brightened up the garden. I have a list going for spring. I want to use them more and more in the garden. They add so much. Keep on sharing pictures...my list will grow! lesley

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Lesley. Eighteen 'Circus' heuchera...wow! I'll bet that's putting on quite a show.

I'm keeping a running list for next spring as well. I can't wait until we get to see the new ones that have come out for 2014.

• jadie88
    10 years ago

FlowerFrenzy, you have some real stunners there. Thank you for posting them! Do you get them all locally, or is there a favorite mail order source you use?

• flower_frenzy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi jadie. I get a lot of mine locally, but for great selection you can't beat Casita Azul. I've ordered from them lots of times and have been very happy. I've included a link to their website in case you're interested. They're having a 30% off end of the year sale. Just enter the code IMPERFECT to get the discount. I think their hostas are also on sale. It's a different code for those, though.

Here is a link that might be useful: Casita Azul

Sponsored