Return to the Heuchera Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My new heucheras: Bella Notte, Frost, Paris, Fire Alarm

Posted by vivian_2010 IL 5a (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 22:22

I ordered 3 Bella Notte, 2 Paris, 1 Fire Alarm from Ilovehostas.net Sunday night. Today they arrived. Very healthy and with a bonus "Frost". some of them are on sale and also received 15% off. Except Paris, all of them are new so we will see if they will be good growers as claimed to be.

Photobucket

These are the 2 Cajun Fire ordered from them last September, introduced in 2011. Receiving most of afternoon sun but doing fine. New growth started now. The flowers are cute and they have not stopped blooming since late April.
Photobucket

Vivian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My new heucheras: Bella Notte, Frost, Paris, Fire Alarm

Very nice. I had thought about ordering heuchera from them since they have such a good selection but hadn't done so. It's nice to see they send such nice plants.

Karen

o

Karen, What I also like them is that they only charge $3.99 for shipping/hanlding, not matter how many you order. And excellent customer service. You will receive confirmation and then tracking # to track the shipment. Last year, I placed a 2nd order a day after the 1st. I emailed Steve and ask if he would combine. He did and only charged me the S/H $ once.

Vivian

o

Wow! Only $3.99 to ship? That is unheard of these days (until now). There's a place I want to order a couple of native plants, just a couple, and they want to charge $16 to ship up to $25 worth of plants, and the pots are only 2.5 or 3 inch pots, same size as those in your picture. I think some of these places are ripping their customers off when it comes to shipping, no matter how well-packed it is. I think I'm just going to order the seeds of the plants I want instead and winter sow them. 20 seeds for $3.99, and if I can get one to grow it will be worth it.

Karen

o

I have several "Paris" and although the foliage is ordinary it is more than compensated by the best flowers going for a heuchera. I have some blooming even now.

o

Flower is the reason I wanted to have Paris. I like the dark colored ones more for foliage. A recommendation from a fellow poster here for good and long blooming is Rave On. But I can not find it so settled for Paris and the new Bella Notte, which according to advertisement, would be even better bloomers than Paris. Will see. I will post their performance here next year.

How much sun does your Paris get?

I wish I can plant heucheras in my back yard, which has more shade. But rabbits really like them and ate most of them this year. They do not bother front yard plants so now all my heucheras are in the front yard gardens, which faces south and receive lot of sun.

Vivian

Vivian

o

Vivian, another bright red flowering heuchera that I own is "Lipstick".

Here is a link that might be useful: Lipstick

o

Here is one of my "Paris" today. I am impressed that it continues to put out blooms now as we are getting on in the fall season.

o

Nice flowers! Hope mine will have them as well. I love the bright red flowers. Will check out Lipstick as well.

Thanks
Vivian

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heuchera Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here