Return to the Heuchera Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This is why I love Heuchera

Posted by vivian_2010 IL 5a (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 20, 12 at 18:57

Finally had some time to take pictures today. Here are my heucheras. I love their beautiful foliage and color, particularly at this time of year when most of other plants started to show serious aging in color and appearance.

Georgia Peach
Photobucket

Fire Alarm (The brightest Heuchera I've ever seen)
Photobucket

Obsidian
Photobucket

Frost
Photobucket

Paris
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This is why I love Heuchera

Nice! I really like that Fire Alarm. I saw that in mixed pots with exotic mums today at the Chicago Botanic Garden. I need to get me some of those! WHat color is it when it is not fall? Just deeper or darker?

o

I only had Fire Alarm since late summer this year so not sure how it would look in spring and summer. It gets several hours of hot afternoon sun, same location as Georgia Peach, whose color has been the best in spring and fall, but does fade somewhat into a lighter peach during the hot summer weeks.
Vivian

o

Fire Alarm is truly alarming! And I see that Paris has a new bloom showing up. My Georgia Peach is reblooming as well. You're absolutely right - almost everything else in my garden is done for the season, but the heucheras look healthy and happy. Now if we just had some photo worthy weather....
Jan

o

Jan, My Canjun Fire has been blooming since April. Today I noticed a recent new spike with flowers. Amazing. At this time of year. This is my first season with Paris so excited to see the bloom. Hope it has some time to flower before weather gets too cold.
Vivian

o

Wow - what a great testimonial for Cajun Fire! I'll search for one next spring!
Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Heuchera Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here