Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linnea56chgo5b

Brass Lantern advice

Brass Lantern advice

I bought one this spring but have yet to plant it.

Before I could plant it, some critter dug it out of the pot and tossed it around. I was out of town and didn't see it right away. It was thoroughly wilted. Though it had been in a gallon pot, the rootball was more suited in size to a quart. But perhaps some roots were lost in the process. I replanted it in the pot and have been babying it along to have it recover before planting. That was about a month ago. The tag was lost in the tossing about, and I wanted to get more info on it first. It has perked up, though some leaves have remained wilted.

Question 1: Considering it is mid October, am I better off sinking it pot and all into my vegetable garden, and covering it with leaves? Rather than stressing it out further by planting now?

The place I want to put it gets morning sun from about 9 am til 1 pm. But it's surrounded by concrete patio so it can be pretty intense. Obsidian and Stormy Seas did just fine in that bed. Miracle fried and pooped out.

Question 2: is this a good siting for Brass Lantern? Can it handle that much sun?

Thanks!

Comments (2)