Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tiny pumpkin-shaped growths on underside of hibiscus leaves

Posted by brandnewgardner 9 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 1, 09 at 18:42

I have just fertilized my potted "Hibiscus Bush Double Red" for the first time and have witnessed it coming back from the brink with a lot of new growth. But there are now tiny pumpkin-shaped growths, green in color, on the underside of some of the leaves. Does anyone know what they are? Here are current problems my hibiscus is having if it helps:

1. Pill bug infestation in the pot
2. some sort of spider making webs in the branches
3. a recent ant infestation
4. the addition of new soil to the pot after it was found to have nothing but a root ball left.

Are these green growths insect hatcheries? I'm brand new to gardening, so even the most obvious answers may not have been considered.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tiny pumpkin-shaped growths on underside of hibiscus leaves

Okay, apparently the camera was taken to work, so I have no picture after all.

o
RE: tiny pumpkin-shaped growths on underside of hibiscus leaves

Hi Brandnewgardner, Sounds like Erinose Mite to me. Where do you live. Some countries do not have Erinose Mite yet, so need to know this to confirm EM as a possibility.
Let us know if it is EM.
Good luck, Brian.

Here is a link that might be useful: Erinose mite

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here