Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ID please, and what to spray on it, thanks.

Posted by diemoldau123 none (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 22:42

Hi, I'm new here, I hope I'm doing this right. Does anyone know what these fuzzy things are and how to get rid of them? They're dome- shaped and attached to the undersides of my hibiscus leaves, it's hard to detach them because they have some sticky cottony stuff as adhesive. The next picture is what it looked like when I squashed it, there are yellowish grainy stuff, i dont know if they're eggs. The hibiscus is not sick ( for now ) as you can see on the photo but they might be in a few weeks? I tried spraying soapy water but it didn't work. Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ID please, and what to spray on it, thanks.

This is what it looked like after I squashed it.

o

Well, I can tell you that those are some type of scale insect.

o

This is the hibiscus plant, so far so good. But many of the undersides of the leaves have those fuzzy stuff. Btw, I'm sorry I don't know how to post pictures in one go, so I had to do it on separate postings. Thanks.

o

Thank you! I'll try to look it up in the Bug Guide website.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here