Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cathys1951

Hibiscus Seeds

cathys1951
18 years ago

Looking for any of the hibiscus that I don't already have. I bought several on ebay lately and hope to have them for seed trading next fall. But would like to expand my list of seeds, I have really gone crazy over these beauties.

Cathy

Comments (6)

• beachbarbie
    18 years ago

Cathy,
    Going crazy over these guys is easy! I just counted and have 17 cv's and 24 bloom size plants total. Numerous babies that I've grown from seed and several cuttings that should be rooting soon. If all these grow up, there is no WAY I have enough room for them!
    I looked at your photos and you seem to like the same types of plants as I do, so we may be able to make a deal...
    Barb

• beachbarbie
    18 years ago

Cathy,
    Going crazy over these guys is easy! I just counted and have 17 cv's and 24 bloom size plants total. Numerous babies that I've grown from seed and several cuttings that should be rooting soon. If all these grow up, there is no WAY I have enough room for them!
    I looked at your photos and you seem to like the same types of plants as I do, so we may be able to make a deal...
    Barb

• cathys1951
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Would love to Barb, just email me at cathys1951@gmail.com and lets see what we can come up with.

• porusgal1
    18 years ago

I am new at growing hibiscus. I am not sure where to find the seeds. I looked at my pink tropical on the inside and I saw some very soft yellow things. Are these the seeds?

Porusgal

• cathys1951
    Original Author
    18 years ago

BArb I have looked for your email and could not find it I know that I put them all in a plant folder that I keep for gardeners. But it seems to not be there.
    Email me again and refresh my memory on what we were to trade on.
    Thanks Cathy

• beachbarbie
    18 years ago

Porusgal,
    Tropical hibiscus don't self sow, you'd have to do it yourself. I attached a link to a great site that gives lots of hibiscus info including propogation.

Cathy,
    I can't find the emials either!
    I'll email you and we'll start over.....
    Barb

Here is a link that might be useful: Queen of the Tropics

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022