Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andyoncape

photos of hibiscus bush with seasonal changes

andyoncape
17 years ago

I'm designing the set for a community theatre production of "Tuesdays With Morrie" here on Cape Cod. The play is a wonderful adaptation of the best-selling book by Mitch Albom about his final meetings - he call them classes - with a beloved professor who has been stricken with ALS. Morrie Schwartz was a man whose joy of life manifested itself in his keen observations of people and the world. The "classes" take place primarily in Morrie's study, in a town outside Boston, from which he enjoy watching a small hibiscus bush in its seasonal changes.

My set will be very simple, mostly screens which can be pulled aside to reveal furniture as it's needed. Here's why I'm posting this message: I'd like to include, as a focal point, the image of Morrie's hibiscus bush. I'm hoping to find slides or photos of a single bush as it changes from late spring to autumn, which I can then rear-project on a 3'x4' screen, dissolving from one image into the next.

I'm hoping someone can help me locate these images. Perhaps you know people with suitable photos. This is for a community theatre with a low budget, but we'd be able to defray any expenses incurred. We'd also, of course, give full credit to everyone inolved.

The production is just now going into rehearsal, with opening night on March 8. I hope somone is able to respond to my request real soon! Thanks very much.

Comment (1)

• watergal
    17 years ago

Go on over to the Tropical Hibiscus Mail List, and tell them Sheila from Maryland sent you. I'm sure someone there would help you.

Here is a link that might be useful: mail list link

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz