Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to Keep My Variegated Hibiscus Alive.......

Posted by gardenlady48 z5 IL (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 25, 10 at 14:52

Greetings~
Any suggestions for the care of my variegated hibiscus? I want to plant it in the ground here in Illinois, then prune in the fall, both top and root system, pot it up and bring it inside again as I'm doing now.
Do you have any experience with this technique? This plant seems to grow quickly and I think it would LOVE being planted in ground rather than a pot.
I welcome and suggestions! Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to Keep My Variegated Hibiscus Alive.......

Hi - I had one in my zone 8 Texas and had to keep inside for winter. If you prune it - the cuttings will root in a cup of water. Mine even bloomed inside for me , even though it was only an 8 - inch rooted cutting! Goodluck - tina_2

o

I would LOVE to see a photo of varigated hibiscus!
Hibiscus has become my new fascination! And I can NOT learn enough about them!

o

Hi - Here is a pic. of the one I had.
Thanks - tina_2

my Snow Queen Hibiscus

o

OH MY GOSH!!!
Thats a beauty, I had never seen a variegated Hibiscus, now I will have to find one! lol
Thank You for sharing your picture!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here