Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ajkettle

Standard Hibiscus - slowly dying!

ajkettle
16 years ago

I have two standard Hibiscus(variety unknown) trees which I have had for almost two years. They have been inside always. Apart from the first six months they have not been a raging success. The main problem has been yellowing of the leaves. My local garden centre advised me on feeding and iron deficiencies. They also suggested I use rain water for watering the plants. I also read somewhere that they should be pruned and repotted. I have done all of the above but the poor plants are still struggling. The yellowing of the leaves has largely stopped but the growth rate of new leaves is glacial. House temps vary 60-70C in the winter but up to 70-80C in the summer. I need help. I really want to see them come back to their former glory

Comments (2)

• beachbarbie
    16 years ago

Baring insect problems, which you probably have already checked for, I would think as long as it gets several hours of direct sunlight everyday it should come back and be fine.
    Maybe others have more advice.
    Barb

• ajkettle
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Beachbarbie,

Thanks for your comments. No, there is no evidence of insect infestation. We do get a lot of sunshine here in Alberta. One thing I omitted to mention was that the leaves are now also curling quite severely. Any other comments would be appreciated.

Tony Kettle

Sponsored
Industry Leading Garage Door Repair in Loudoun County, VA