Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
snooks217

Hibiscus Tree Help

snooks217
17 years ago

I have a hibiscus that looks like a tree. I moved it and it wasn't doing so well so we moved in back to the original spot. That was about 7 months ago. My husband pruned it and now all I have is a bear tree. No leaves or blooms. I keep watering it and I know it isn't dead as the branches don't snap off. Does anyone know what I can do to get it to bloom again? Should I just get another one and forget this one? Please help me!! I want to keep it alive and blooming! Thanks

Comment (1)

• beachbarbie
    17 years ago

After 7 months you should have seen improvement. The pruning might have help it out - shock it into recovering.
    Is it in the ground? Or in a pot? If it's in a pot: DON'T water it as much as you were; the plant isn't using as much water as it was before it was pruned, when it had lots of leaves. Hibiscus hate wet feet, which is when the soil stays wet around the roots.
    It's going to take a while for the plant to recover. Just be patient; it's probably going to be late March before it shows significant improvement.
    Good luck! Even if the plant doesn't recover or takes a long time to do so, it's a great learning experience.
    Barb

Sponsored