Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nude_gardener

Different hibiscuses - one container

nude_gardener
16 years ago

If I plant 3 different tropical hibiscuses together into one container would they try to obstruct each other by "attacking" each others roots, or would they be fine in the same container, getting along very well. I don't know what kind are they since I did not see their mother plants. thank you all

Comments (3)

• beachbarbie
    16 years ago

As long as the pot is big enough and they're kept happy, they should do just fine.
    The only thing I can imagine would happen is if they're stressed (not watered enough over a long period of time, or exposed to too cold of temps for too long), one might take over since some cultivars are tougher than others.
    Tropical hibiscus are often sold with more than one cultivar in a pot.
    Barb

• nude_gardener
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Barb,
    Thank you very much. They are just ready for teansplanting and they are doing very fine. I will put them together next week and feed them well.
    Thanks again.

• pete_jackson
    16 years ago

Beach barbie I have some extra seeds if you are interested. I only know one parent name and I hyb them so I can name after other folks. I have named 2 one called seedy jean and the other gyntle soul please look at this site to see them. http://www.photoblog.com/islandpete

Sponsored