Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
souradeep1982

feeding

souradeep1982
11 years ago

Hi friends,
I'm from subtropics of india.I grow hibs in containers . I would like to know which organic fertilizer is best for hibs and what is the frequency of feeding . I generally use seaweed meal twice a month.

souradeep

Comments (4)

• Gutzmek
    11 years ago

Souradeep1982,
    Here is a good article, but I find that this a good idea to follow but may not apply to every individual plant. I check mine 2 times a day and get to know their needs. Some need more water, and others less light. I have a few that need constant checks. If there was a standard, we all would be master growers.
    Hope this helps,
    Ed

http://www.hiddenvalleyhibiscus.com/care/feeding.htm

• souradeep1982
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Ed,
    Do u use 17-5-24 for your plants?how frequently do u feed them.

• Gutzmek
    11 years ago

Souradeep1982,
    All of mine are in pots, and these usually need a little more attention than those in the ground. During the winter, my watering and feeding is reduced dramatically. But during the summer months I water and feed often. I use a very basic fertilizer like 5-5-5 or 7-7-7. Then I add nutrients to improve to plants taste, like using potash to increase potassium levels. I do have a few hibiscus that have issues with nitrogen levels even as low as 10, and one in particular that is battling nitrogen problems. This brings me back to the idea of knowing the plants needs. Each will be different.
    Hope this helps!
    Ed

• souradeep1982
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ed what forms of N,P& K do u use as need based application.is it folier application?how do I know wheather P & K levels are under or over.

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor