Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Will my hibiscus come back?

Posted by sheri_ms z8 MS (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 21, 06 at 10:43

Hi, I potted a hibiscus with peach blooms last year. It did great but of couse died in the winter. (I left it outside.) Will it come back??? I am not seeing any signs of life yet. How long do I give it before I give up and buy a new one???

Thanks, Sheri

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Will my hibiscus come back?

Hi,the hibiscus will probaby come back.Mine are just starting
to come up,and not all as it is early.Wait a little while.I live in La.,out of Shreveport.I hope this helps.
Maegaret

o

Yes it is to early to tell like Maegaret said but it should come back considering you are in zone 8.

o

I am trying a 4 foot tree this year and have placed it in the ground with well drained soil and full southern sun. I live just outside D.C. and will keep you all posted. My mother lives in Norfolk VA and hers come back every spring. And while she is in a slightly warmer area than me, she gets snow most every year and her temperature averages in the 30's during the deep winter months. Good luck with yours. How is it doing?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here