Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
souradeep1982

id needed

souradeep1982
11 years ago

I want to know the name of one of my hibiscus plant.

Comments (7)

• Desirai
    11 years ago

i dont know the id but id like to say its very pretty

• souradeep1982
    Original Author
    11 years ago

please anyone help me to identify this plant

• kayjones
    11 years ago

If you bought it at a box store, it will be a no i.d. Hibiscus. I just bought 2 of these, yesterday, from Lowes.

• TulsaRose
    11 years ago

One of the lovely Hibiscus rosa-sinensis, commonly called Tropical Hibiscus. There are many named cultivars so it is almost impossible to give you the exact name.

Browse through the images at the link below and maybe you can spot your pretty plant. It looks as if it would appreciate more water. :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Google Images search for

• souradeep1982
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for helping tulsarose
    The plant has curled leaves from very begining.It gets sufficient warer and blooms in abandance.Perhaps the cruled leaves are normal for this plant.

• Gutzmek
    11 years ago

Souradeep1982,
    The answer is about to get tricky. Since you live in India, the varieties you have will differ greatly from those in other areas. You will find that growers of CVs is a world wide and many times a regional effort. The plants available to you will greatly differ with mine or someone in Australia. If you are searching for a particular name, you may run into road blocks. Here is my advice, try creating your own. Currently I have 4 seedlings this year that actually have red leaves. This is a first for me and tropicals. If you really want to do some research go to the IHS and start looking at regional CVs. http://www.internationalhibiscussociety.org/ .
    Hope this helps,
    Ed

• souradeep1982
    Original Author
    11 years ago

thanks Ed

Sponsored