Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
id needed

Posted by souradeep1982 none (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 17, 13 at 12:32

I want to know the name of one of my hibiscus plant.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: id needed

i dont know the id but id like to say its very pretty

o

please anyone help me to identify this plant

o

If you bought it at a box store, it will be a no i.d. Hibiscus. I just bought 2 of these, yesterday, from Lowes.

o

One of the lovely Hibiscus rosa-sinensis, commonly called Tropical Hibiscus. There are many named cultivars so it is almost impossible to give you the exact name.

Browse through the images at the link below and maybe you can spot your pretty plant. It looks as if it would appreciate more water. :-)

Here is a link that might be useful: Google Images search for

o

Thanks for helping tulsarose
The plant has curled leaves from very begining.It gets sufficient warer and blooms in abandance.Perhaps the cruled leaves are normal for this plant.

o

Souradeep1982,
The answer is about to get tricky. Since you live in India, the varieties you have will differ greatly from those in other areas. You will find that growers of CVs is a world wide and many times a regional effort. The plants available to you will greatly differ with mine or someone in Australia. If you are searching for a particular name, you may run into road blocks. Here is my advice, try creating your own. Currently I have 4 seedlings this year that actually have red leaves. This is a first for me and tropicals. If you really want to do some research go to the IHS and start looking at regional CVs. http://www.internationalhibiscussociety.org/ .
Hope this helps,
Ed

o

thanks Ed

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here