Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Transplanting a Hardy Hibiscus

Posted by grammahony ECentral NEz5 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 11, 06 at 15:18

My neighbor wants to move her hardy hibiscus. Is now the proper time to do it, while it is dormat? I told her I'd ask for sure, but I would think now is okay.
Leslie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Transplanting a Hardy Hibiscus

As long as the ground isn't frozen, I'd move it.

o

Thanks Pat.
Leslie

o

I have moved mine here in Quebec as soon as the ground is workable in April , and I have also moved them after they have started sprouting new shoots for this year's growth in June. Just remember that the root ball with be bigger than you thought, these H.moscheutos hardy hibs are massive once you start to dig, but don't worry, pieces of root will fall of here and there, but it will survive. For the new site, dig a larger than you think you need hole, and fill with compost as these plants are heavy feeders, then plant water etc.. It should bloom the same year as you move it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here