Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
squirrels eating my hibiscus

Posted by deb_fl 9 fl (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 18, 07 at 16:07

does anyone having problems with squirrels eating hibiscus plants.
Does anyone have suggestions.
debi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: squirrels eating my hibiscus

Hello, putting a heavy sprinkle of blood meal on the surface of the dirt around any plants will keep squirrels from uprooting what goodies they think you buried there. Might just keep them at a distance from the leaves of your plant. Make sure you buy the pure stuff- greyish - make sure they didn't add anything else in the small print. Blood meal is nitrogen, so consider the lowest nitrogen based fertilizer if you choose to use this around hibiscus.
I heard something on orange peels, and although I know this will keep cats out, can't recall if that works for squirrels to. Good Luck - Sandy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here