Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mlowe22

Multiple plants?

mlowe22
14 years ago

To my surprise, I successfully over-wintered my potted Disco Belle Pink hardy hibiscus! YAY! Now I think it might be coming back as multiple plants because there are three different "shoots" coming up from the dirt. (all around last years little stump.) Should I separate them or replant the whole thing into a larger container? Thank you for any help!!

Comments (3)

• agrigirl
    14 years ago

I would replant it. Actually the disco belle it is hardy in your zone so it would be safe to put it in your yard. It should increase each year in size so the multiple shoots is the plant increasing as it should.

• mlowe22
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you so much for your answer! I plan on eventually putting it in the yard but we are on military housing and they are renovating. I would just HATE for my hibiscus to get trampled under a bulldozer! Haha!

I think I will put in in a larger pot though. Looks like it is in an 8" now which seems much too crowded! Thanks again!!

• agrigirl
    14 years ago

You are welcome! And if it is in an 8", you should definitely repot. And I do not blame you! If a bulldozer took out any of my plants I would have a cow! LOL But the good thing about this plant, if you put it in the yard and are re-stationed, you can collect the seeds and plant it at the new location. Best of luck!

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz