Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
covella

Hibiscus Diane

covella
19 years ago

I'm looking for a good price on Hibiscus "Diane". At least I think its a hibiscus and not a Rose of Sharon. I have not been a big fan of hibiscus and I really do not like Rose of Sharon - but this cultivar is really beautiful.

I found a nursery today selling it for $75! So does anyone know a source for Diane? Thanks.

Comments (2)

• wqcustom
    19 years ago

Seems wayyyy to steep to me. Not sure what size you're talking about for $75, but I bought a 1 gallon size at Lowes last summer for $5. As fast as they grow and as easy as they are to propogate, I wouldn't pay $75 for one.

• dennisjmccoy
    19 years ago

I think the hib you're refering to is hibiscus syriacus "Diana", one of the 'Greek Goddess' series. It is a lovely plant. I started mine from a cutting 4 years ago. It grows very slowly compared to the other hibiscus. It will put out a spurt of growth in spring, then go to blooming. Once it starts blooming it just about stops growing. It is readily available at the home improvement stores for less than $20. It is normally sterile. Mine has only put on a few pods that matured, and those with few seeds. I have a stash of about 7 seeds that will get planted this spring to see if they will do anything.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?