Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alys_esmond

Source for identifying my Hibiscuses (Hibiscii?)

Hey folks!

We went on a shopping spree at Lowe's a few weekends ago and came home with 5, $5.00 Hibiscus plants. Once we'd planted them, I noticed that they all had very different leaves and we were pleasantly surprised at the 5 completely different and beautiful flowers they each produce. I was even more surprised that none are the same as the one I already had, so online I went and learned just how many different species of Hibiscus there are.

Now I want to identify them all. Can you suggest a source or resource that is easy to use?

Comment (1)

• beachbarbie
    13 years ago

Are you sure you have 5 different species? I'm thinking you might have 5 different cultivars of hibiscus since there are very few hibiscus species blooming this time of year.
    If you have tropical hibiscus (H. rosa-sinensis), which I think you probably do, a great resource is the International Hibiscus Society's hibiscus cultivar register.
    Here's the link.
    They are addictive, aren't they? I have so many, my husband built me a greenhouse to overwinter them in!
    Barb

Here is a link that might be useful: Internationa Hibiscus Society hibiscus registar

Sponsored