Return to the Hibiscus Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Darren this is my first bloom of your Mahogany Splendor Hibiscus

Posted by wally-1936 8b (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 10:21

I ended up with 4 out of 5 cuttings. I have given 2 away I have one in my front flower bed and one in my backyard. There lots of those funny buds starting but this was my first surprise bloom. I love the idea that I can have blooms from early spring until late fall. It sure is a tough plant. Many thanks
Paul

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Darren this is my first bloom of your Mahogany Splendor Hibis

Looks great Paul! Glad you are happy with them, it does seem to be a hardy little plant. The neatest feature is how it blooms all up and down the stalk, not just at the top.

Thanks for sharing that.

Darren

o

Thank you for this wonderful gift I can keep on giving as it gets too big? Yes the one I have in my backyard has its second bloom this morning. I am trying to pollinate but not sure if this will happen. There are lots of buds up and down the stems. What I love about this plant besides the color is I can now have blooms over a much longer period than do any of my other hibiscus. I also love the way the bloom tucks in the bloom when it closes. The bloom is beautiful even after it closes.

I looked online and they say it is not only dought hardy but can grown in pond water.

This post was edited by wally-1936 on Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 22:16

o

That's gorgeous,i've never seen that one..We have quite a few hibiscus,and i'd love to find one like that,even the foliage is pretty.
TFS
Kathi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Hibiscus Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here