Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
baroo2u_gw

Please help

Baroo2u
9 years ago

I'm not an indoor gardener, but have a hibiscus I've nursed through many moves. This plant is clearly a survivor, and has become a pet--I admire it's will to survive everything military movers throw at it. It's about 12 years old.

The last move resulted in a fall where the trunk cracked. The top of the plant was snapped off & discarded (!) the pot with the stub dumped in the garden. When I arrived from overseas, the plant was already pushing shoots out from the old trunk. I thought it would be ok and left it in DH's care.

On a recent visit, though, I see the smaller shoots have withered and died. The remaining shot is wilting. The only thing I can figure is DH may have over-watered in my absence.

What do I do? Repot it? Or try to rescue the last shoot? I've looked on the internet but have trouble understanding woody vs green propogation and an the wrong action coild just hasten the poor thing's death.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comment (1)

• evdesert 9B Indio, CA
    9 years ago

Baroo2u, I would try to give it some more sun and a light fertilizing to see if that helps. Maybe some filtered sunlight. Hibiscus like moist soil, not wet feet but just enough moisture because they are a tropical plant. I would try that and you will know in the first couple days if it is helping because the leaves will perk up and go towards the sunlight. Keep us posted on how it is going.
    Evan

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm