Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mspam_gw

Searching for Hibiscus Bloom Holder

mspam
18 years ago

I'm looking for a glass tabletop "vase" designed to hold a single hibiscus bloom. It is mentioned in the book "A Cutting Garden For Florida" by Betty Barr Mackey & Monica Moran Brandies.

Saw one (the ONLY one I've seen) recently at a breakfast party, but searches on eBay/Google/Bizrate turn up nothing. Any clues?

I'm usually in the Florida Gardening forum, but thought you might have more knowledge here. TIA,

Pam

Comments (11)

• beachbarbie
    17 years ago

If I were you, I'd contact the American Hibiscus Society and see if they know where you can get one. I'm sure they probably use that, or something similar at their shows.
    Barb

Here is a link that might be useful: American Hibiscus Society

• mspam
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for the link. I'll try that since I haven't had any luck to date.
    Pam

• agibson
    17 years ago

Is it just a mini vase with a very small neck?
    If so, try your local antique store or flea markets with lots of glassware. I have a turquoise glass one that I found at a flea market.
    Would something like this be acceptable?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/3-NEAT-LOOKING-BUD-VASES-CERAMIC-MOLD_W0QQitemZ8281746756QQcategoryZ83898QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    The above link is not a finished vase, but rather the mold
    your vase could be made from. If you like the opaque look,
    try your local ceramic shop. If you don't see one on
    display, you may have to ask. But don't ask the clerk, ask
    someone who is knowlegeable about what molds are available.
    You can ask them to make one/all of them for you. You could
    custom paint it yourself or they can do it for you. They
    shouldn't be expensive at all.

Hope this helps!

Alana

• downing-by-the-sea
    16 years ago

I know it's a little late but did you ever find your Hibiscus bud "vase" ? I'm almost positive that I have a pair of what you're looking for. I just registered as a member and was quite surprised to see your message. They are clear and basically lay "flat" on the table. I found them a few years ago at an estate sale. I have them packed up ready to send to a consignment shop. Let me know if you are still looking.
    Carole

• gardenlady48
    16 years ago

Hi Carole,
    If you have not sold your Hibiscus flower holder I may be interested...I have many hibiscus plants. Could you email a picture if you have not sold them?
    Thanks, Pam M.

• katie_p
    16 years ago

I know exactly what you're talking about! I am looking for one or two as well. I had a friend who had one and she found it at an art festival in Sanibel Florida. I've made it my mission to make to all of those this season! I've got so many pretty blooms I want to see them inside too. If you're still looking let me know and if I find them I'll pick up an extra one :).

Katie
    Fort Myers, Florida

• ritawerling
    15 years ago

Has anyone found this? I am looking to obtain one or two. I bought one awhile ago at Sanibel Island, but broke it.

• beaglebudd
    14 years ago

I am still looking for them also. I bought several in Florida about 6 years ago (I think in the Ft. Myers area) but now cannot find the information about where I got them. If anyone has it, please let me know. And I will do the same.

• beaglebudd
    14 years ago

I FOUND THEM! Wilford & Lee in Ft. Myers Florida carries them. They are glass. They are $8.95 each. You can call and order them. The number is 239-481-3711. I just ordered 6. I hope this helps. Sorry it's so late.

• Will H
    9 years ago

I just bought 2 Hibiscus Bloom Holders from Wilford & Lee here: www.wilfordandlee.com Thank you for your help!!!!

• formilesfarm
    8 years ago

Thank you so much for this post. My grandmother lived on Sanibel and Ft. Myers for years. She always displayed her hibiscus blooms in these vases. I bought a plant this summer and so wished I had her vase. Now that I've found them, I'll always think of her when I see the vase.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH